First day of Ramadan

Every first day of Ramadan I set up goals for myself, stuff I decide to do and stuff I decide to quit doing.
When I was little, I was listening to music in the holy month, and suddenly I felt something in my stomach, I felt something in the bottom of my heart, this feeling that tells me: what you are doing is unacceptable. And since that moment I have never listened to any song during the holy month. And I have no reasonable explanation for that because I wake up from the early morning on the first day of Eid with a list of songs people told me about or songs I've missed and I play them all. Quitting in Ramadan never helped my addiction to music. But I just know that the day I listen to music in this month and not feel something wrong is the day that I have gone in a wrong direction, the day I'm getting way far away from the road to heaven, which I'm still trying to get to.

This Ramadan I want to pray 8 Tarawih every day, and I'm aiming to read the entire Quran Insha'Allah. It's just fascinating with you to think of this hadith:
"Whoever reads a letter from the Book of Allah, he will have a reward. And that reward will be multiplied by ten. I am not saying that 'Alif, Laam, Meem' is a letter, rather I am saying that 'Alif' is a letter, 'Laam' is a letter and 'Meem' is a letter."
Just think of the enormous countless number of rewards! And think of how much we need those because let's face it, we are all so far away from being the best Muslims, and if any reward is that easy to get, one letter counts! think of how much it is if it was the whole entire Quran.
If you read twenty pages daily, that's the Book of Allah done by the end of the holy month. Think about it. Why not? Are you that busy? 

And may God give me and your strength. And I hope that I have inspired any of you to do any good deed. And may Allah bless you.



Coincidence?

Yesterday morning I walked out of the house to go print some papers at 9 in the morning after sleeping for about 4 hours that night. Ahead...